With the Internet, many virtual tours of major heritage sites are available online. It would be a shame to deprive yourself.
Lhe France is an open-air museum. Medieval or Renaissance castles, museums and collections of all artistic movements, extraordinary archaeological sites, historic city centers and traditional villages ... Many treasures are to be found in all regions of our country, and it would probably not be enough for all of them to live. discover them. With new technologies, virtual tours are developing more and more. We offer you a few that will allow you to travel from your sofa. Good visits!
Virtual museum tours
- Musee Grevin and its numerous representations of celebrities from the world of music, sport, cinema or politics.
- Quai Branly Museum and the 32 works of premier art available in high definition.
- The Louvre and in particular the section of Egyptian antiquities, the medieval Louvre and the Apollo gallery.
- The Grand Palais, a prestigious Parisian monument of 77 m000 regularly housing magnificent exhibitions.
- The Orsay museum and the major works of Van Gogh
- Orangerie Museum and the famous Water Lilies by Claude Monet, but also the works of Cézanne and Gauguin.
Virtual tours of monuments and historic buildings
- The Palace of Versailles, official residence of Louis XIV adorned with its sumptuous gardens, is one of the most illustrious monuments in the world.
- The castle of Chambord is the symbol of the power of King Francis I who made this hunting estate one of the most beautiful castles of the Renaissance.
- Notre Dame of Paris located on the Ile de la Cité and icon of Parisian life popularized by Victor Hugo, sadly affected by a fire in 2019.
- The Palace of the Popes is the largest Gothic construction of the Middle Ages.
- Chenonceau castle, jewel of the Loire Valley castles, stands out for its collections, furniture and decoration.
- L'Opéra Garnier is a national theater with a lyrical and choreographic vocation.
- The Élysée Palace : Discover the courtyard, the vestibule of honor but also some of the secrets of the Élysée.
- The Hotel Matignon, workplace of the head of the French government.
Virtual tours of historic sites
- The Chauvet cave discovered in 1994 reveals from room to room the richness of prehistoric cave art.
- The Gallo-Roman town of Loupian located near via Domitia. The museum of the Villa known as “des Prés-bas” houses an important heritage of mosaics and remains from a rich Gallo-Roman villa discovered in the 60s.
- The Lascaux cave perhaps has the most successful virtual tour.