- In the heart of the Ardèche
- Direct access to the Eyrieux river
- Accueil Vélo and France Vélo Tourisme labels and close to via Rhôna
Mas de Champel
Book your stay directly on our website
in one look
IN THE HEART OF THE EYRIEUX VALLEY
Incomparable colors, variety of landscapes, cultural and living heritage and old stones... The territory in the heart of the Ardèche seduces with its diversity and calm.
Spread over 3 valleys, the Ouvèze valley, the Eyrieux valley and the Doux valley, the heart of the Ardèche will make you discover its many villages of character, its castles, its landscapes and its activities of all kinds.
Thanks to a wide variety of landscapes, and a rich cultural and living heritage, discover the most beautiful sites and interesting activities around the camping.
- The Soyons prehistoric caves
- Ardelaine, the wool museum of Saint Pierreville
- Characteristic villages of Chalencon and Beauchastel
- Le Museum of Protestant Vivarais in Pranles
- The chestnut house in Saint-Pierreville
- The Ray Pic waterfall
- Mont Gerbier de Jonc
- The Dolce Via route
- The Aquarock and "Indian's Forest" parks
- The descent of Eyrieux with Eyrieux Sports
- The pretty markets
- Climbing sites
- Valrhona - the City of Chocolate
- And further south of the Department, the “Pont d'Arc” and the Canyon
- La Chauvet cave
Discover the three main axes by bike.
- La DolceVia is the gentlest route… This emblematic route of 90 kilometers runs through the beautiful Eyrieux valley, crossing the territory of the Ardèche Buissonnière from the Rhône valley to the Pont de Chervil. Follow the flow of the water and marvel at the breathtaking landscapes.
- La Pay is the most bucolic way… Country discovery on nearly 20 kilometers of soft way linking Le Pouzin to Privas. Keep your eyes wide open to spot the many works of art from afar (tunnels, viaducts, bridges punctuate the trip).
- La Via Rhona is the longest… It is one of the longest cycle routes in Europe. This cycle route runs along the Rhône from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean Sea. Here, she peacefully crosses the Ardèche Buissonnière between Beauchastel and Le Pouzin.
A secret valley north of Privas
Privas is the prefecture of Ardèche. It is a city on a human scale. Small enough to explore the entire city center on foot – and even climb to the top of Montoulon to have a view of the whole city – but big enough to have all the services… Except the train! After a short tour of this pretty, colorful and lively town on Saturday, market day, on the way to the Eyrieux Valley and its treasures!
Climb up to Eyrieux belvedere located approximately 3 kilometers from Ollières. The road to climb by bike is very quiet and you will see very few cars. You will come to this magnificent lookout built in 2008. To better appreciate its beauty from this lookout, walk a little further down the road. You will overlook the valley. From up there, enjoy a breathtaking view of the Eyrieux valley. A little further, you will discover Chalencon, a very beautiful village of character. Explore its quiet little streets, which are organized around the church. Near the main square, an orientation table allows you to discover and read the panorama which leads in the distance towards Mont Gerbier de Jonc (the source of the Loire) and Mont Mézenc, the summit of the Ardèche.
Chalencon et Beauchastel are two villages of character overlooking the Eyrieux and two detours to be made. They are very different from each other, both for the view and for the size of its streets. Pretty Ardèche sweetness of life…
Les Ollières… truant holidays
The Ollières is located in the heart of the Ardèche, on the Eyrieux. Once a small industrial center, it is now mainly a place of residence and tourism. It is home to many traders, craftsmen and health personnel. To ensure you have a pleasant stay in Les Ollières, the tourist office advises you to use their services, but also to fill your leisure time with the many outdoor activities. Many hiking are also recommended. The equipped and supervised beach offers you all the joys of swimming. you can practice canoeing on the Eyrieux, travel by Rosalie, by bicycle or other non-motorized vehicles on the Dolce Via, the old railway line. Discover the village and its hamlets on foot, hike on the many paths in the area, visit the open-air market on Tuesday mornings. The Tourist Office will give you all the information you may need.
Fill up on activities
You can leave in hiking with donkeys. In Coux, an acrobatic course in the forest is ideal for a family outing. Take to the skies and dare to jump paraglider ! You can also try your hand at via ferrata. Have fun while refreshing yourself by booking a canyoning day. You can makeclimbing, quad excursions, 4*4 hikes and of course canoeing! If you still have other desires, archery, paddle, the horse riding and potholing are still possible activities in the magnificent Eyrieux valley. Then inquire at the reception of the Camping Mas de Champel. You will find all the information you need to choose the outing that suits your desires.
Discover the local producers
Near the Mas de Champel, the producers will make you know, taste and savor the local products.
- Miellerie de Chanteclair in Chalencon : La Miellerie de Chanteclair develops with its bees all the amazing productions that nature has entrusted to them. Flower and raw honeys, royal jelly, propolis, mountain pollen, gingerbread...
- Pepeyrier farm in Saint Laurent du Pape : Picodons and possibility of tasting at the farm by appointment.
- Pisserenard farm in Saint Etienne de Serres : During a tour of the premises, discover the dryer, the flour mill and the small workshop for processing chestnuts into creams, flour, cakes, jams, chestnut puree without sugar, natural chestnuts and soup.
- Hamel cheese dairy in Saint Sauveur de Montagut : Sale of farmhouse goat cheeses.
- Fromagerie Chambonnet in Ollières sur Eyrieux : Visit of the goat farm and sale of goat cheese.
- Madame Blanc peach kiosk: Fruits of the orchard: peaches, apricots, …
- Boyon's farm in Pranles : Plain and flavored farmhouse goat cheese, cottage cheese, fresh milk and tartichèvre… Production of honey from lavender, chestnut and all flowers.
- Terre Adelice, ice cream maker at Moulinon towards Saint-Sauveur de Montagut. Go and share unique perfumes, sometimes audacious but always sublime. Ice creams and sorbets with flavors so full, so singular, which awaken all the magic of nature. More than 180 flavors at your disposal and new for 2010 an organic range.