Domaine de la Gautière
To prepare your holidays in Drôme Provençale with confidence, go to the website of our partner SportRIZER, and you can book the sports around camping !
Here is, to give you a foretaste of your vacation, a selection of activities to do in the Drôme Provençale des Baronnies. Choose the app Alltrails and discover the hikes around the camping.
- Buis les Baronnies : Start your historic journey with a visit to Buis-Les-Baronnies which houses the camping. Its market square with its XNUMXth century arcadesst century, the Dominican Convent of 1594 and the old Romanesque bridge of 1690 will impress you
- Grignan : The castle of Grignan, the largest Renaissance castle in the south-east, became in the XNUMXth centuryst century one of the most beautiful in France. He notably welcomed Mme de Sévigné and her daughter, the Countess of Grignan.
- Pierrelongue : You cannot fail to see the rocky outcrop which gave its name to the village, which is worth the detour for its beautiful museum of sacred art and its perched church.
- The auditorium : Small village between the Buc and Ubac Mountains, worth the detour for its castle and its XNUMXth century churchst century.
- Vaison La Romaine : An essential stopover in Haut-Vaucluse and Provence des Papes, Vaison-la-Romaine is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in France. You will be able to discover exceptional archaeological sites and a remarkable medieval heritage. It is also an opportunity to listen to the Choralies, a music festival that takes place in the ancient theater in early August. More information on choralies.org.
- Mollans sur Ouvèze : Discover the typical charm of this village of the Baronnies of Provence dominated by its two feudal castles. Do not miss the circuit allowing you to admire its 13 fountains, the visit of its old oil mill and its XNUMXth century chapel.st century.
- Orange : Typically Provençal city, you will fall under the spell of its typical alleys and its famous Roman remains. Do not miss the Chorégies, an opera and classical music festival created in 1869, which take place in July and August in the fabulous setting of the ancient theater in Orange. Information on choregies.fr.
- Avignon : Famous city of the Popes, Avignon will seduce you with its multicultural history and the incomparable charm of its emblematic monuments (Palais des Papes, Pont d'Avignon, etc.) and its historic center. Take advantage in July of its International Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts (theater, dance, reading, music) ... Information on festival-avignon.com.
Plants and heritage
- Lavender : Come and breathe an ancestral plant from Provence which gives it all its colors, known for centuries but only really used for a hundred years. “The blue gold of Provence” is one of the rare crops possible on the stony soil of the region, withstanding both the hot weather and the drought of the climate. Several farms and distilleries will open their doors to you in the region, and you will be able to discover the many uses of lavender. Find all the information on: baronnies-tourisme.com and baronnies-tourisme.com.
- Olive : A specialty of the Provencal Baronnies, the olive has been a staple in the region, “the black pearl” of Provence for 2000 years. Present in all its forms, salted, candied or flavored, it is essential for regional dishes… and for your aperitifs! The olive tree route will launch you on 80 kilometers of discovery, from the fields of olive trees to the various manufacturing and transformation processes. More information on: baronnies-tourisme.com and on : baronnies-tourisme.com for the various possible visits around the olive.
The Provençal Drôme is known for its many markets where you can discover the specialties of the region.
Here is the list of markets in the region near your camping :
- Monday: Bédoin, Bollène, Tulette, la Motte-Chalancon
- Tuesday: Vaison-la-Romaine, Grignan
- Wednesday: Buis-les-Baronnies, Malaucène, Valréas, Rémuzat
- Thursday: Nyons, Orange
- Friday: Mirabel-aux-Baronnies, Taulignan, Carpentras, Dieulefit
- Saturday: Buis (small farmers market), Montbrun-les-Bains
- Sunday: Nyons (from June to September), Séderon.
Take advantage of the evening to visit the region's night markets:
- Friday: Sainte Jalle, that of Buis-les-Baronnies takes place on Friday from 18 p.m. to 22 p.m.
- Saturday: Mollans-Sur Ouvèze, Saint Auban-sur-Ouvèze
Historically, the Buis region is wine-growing. The slopes of the Baronnies are very popular and you can discover many producers and wine cellars in the surroundings Rochebrune, Sainte-Jalle, Buis-les-Baronnies, ...
The wines produced in the Protected Geographical Indication area "Coteaux des Baronnies" come from a vineyard spanning a little over 400 hectares located in 28 municipalities and more precisely in the cantons of Buis-les-Baronnies, Nyons , Piégon, Saint-Maurice-sur-Eygues, Venterol and Vinsobres, Rémuzat and Séderon.
It is the nature of the soil of Provence and the rate of sunshine that have made the wine of the Baronnies so special. The vast majority of the wines produced are red in color, in accordance with the majority grape varieties: Grenache Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Gamay. It is not a wine but wines, balanced, complex and very diversified which await you for a tasting in the cellars.
To find out more about the wines of the Rhône Valley, their history, their appellations and good addresses, consult: vins-rhone.com.
Montbrun-les-Bains will be the ideal place for a moment of well-being during your holidays. Labeled Most beautiful village in France, you will be seduced by the incomparable charm of this village of character. Your steps will take you into the medieval old town, between narrow streets, old fountains, vaulted passages and high perched houses. You will find at its summit its ruined castle. A stroll between its fountains will take you outside the historic center at the bottom of the village, to the fountain of the thermal baths.
Completely renovated in 2006, the thermal spa of Montbrun-les-Bains will offer you many varied treatments and services: well-being and beauty treatments, thermal spa, fitness, fitness as well as a relaxation area, with solarium, jacuzzi, thermal pool, hammam, sauna ... An ideal place to forget the stress of everyday life! Do not miss the panoramic terrace with an incredible view from the jacuzzi, on Mont Ventoux!
For a 100% adrenaline rush, set off on one of the most beautiful via ferrata in Europe on the north face of Saint-Julien with its three routes of varying difficulty over more than 1700 meters of via. An activity accessible to experienced athletes as well as to families and beginners since an initiation route will be offered to you. More information on : baronnies-tourisme.com.
Explore our guide for holidays
Articles to help you prepare your holidays!