Domaine de la Gautière
Book your stay directly on our website
Here is, to give you a foretaste of your vacation, a selection of activities to do in the Drôme Provençale des Baronnies. Choose the app all trails and discover the hikes around the camping.
- Buis-les-Baronnies : Start your historic journey with a visit to Buis-Les-Baronnies which houses the camping. Its market square with its XNUMXth century arcadesrd century… Or the Dominican convent from 1594 and the old Romanesque bridge from 1690 will impress you
- Grignan : The Château de Grignan is the largest Renaissance château in the south-east. It even becomes in the XNUMXthrd century one of the most beautiful in France. He also hosted Madame de Sévigné and her daughter, the Comtesse de Grignan.
- Pierrelongue : You cannot fail to see the rocky peak which gave its name to the village. It is worth the detour for its beautiful museum of sacred art and its perched church.
- The auditorium : Small village between the mountains of Buc and Ubac. It is worth the detour for its castle and its XNUMXth century church.rd century.
- Vaison-la-Romaine : Essential step in the Haut-Vaucluse and the Provence of the Popes. Vaison-la-Romaine is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in France. You can discover exceptional archaeological sites and a remarkable medieval heritage. It is also an opportunity to listen to the Choralies at the beginning of August. This music festival takes place in the ancient theater.
- Orange : A typically Provençal city, you will fall under the spell of its typical narrow streets and its famous Roman remains. Do not miss the Chorégies. This opera and classical music festival, created in 1869, takes place in July and August in the fabulous setting of the ancient theater of Orange.
- Avignon : Famous city of the Popes, Avignon will seduce you with its multicultural history and the incomparable charm of its emblematic monuments (Palais des Papes, Pont d'Avignon, etc.) and its historic center. Take advantage in July of its International Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts (theater, dance, reading, music) ...
Plants and heritage
- Lavender : Come and breathe in an ancestral plant from Provence which gives it all its colours. It has been known for centuries but has only really been used for a hundred years. The blue gold of Provence is one of the rare crops possible on the stony soil of the region. It supports both high heat and drought climate. Several farms and distilleries will open their doors to you in the region. You can discover the many uses of lavender.
- Olive : A specialty of the Baronnies Provençales, the olive is a must in the region. It has been the black pearl of Provence for 2000 years. Present in all its forms, salted, candied or flavoured, it is essential for regional dishes… and for your aperitifs! The olive tree route will launch you on 80 kilometers of discovery, from olive groves to the various manufacturing and transformation processes.
The Provençal Drôme is known for its many markets where you can discover the specialties of the region.
Here is the list of markets in the region near your camping :
- Monday: Bédoin, Bollène, Tulette, la Motte-Chalancon
- Tuesday: Vaison-la-Romaine, Grignan
- Wednesday: Buis-les-Baronnies, Malaucène, Valréas, Rémuzat
- Thursday: Nyons, Orange
- Friday: Mirabel-aux-Baronnies, Taulignan, Carpentras, Dieulefit
- Saturday: Buis (small farmers market), Montbrun-les-Bains
- Sunday: Nyons (from June to September), Séderon.
Take advantage of the evening to visit the region's night markets:
- Friday: Sainte Jalle, that of Buis-les-Baronnies takes place on Friday from 18 p.m. to 22 p.m.
- Saturday: Mollans-Sur Ouvèze, Saint Auban-sur-Ouvèze
Historically, the Buis region is wine-growing. The slopes of the Baronnies are very popular. You can discover many producers and wine cellars in the surroundings of Rochebrune, Sainte-Jalle, Buis-les-Baronnies,…
The wines produced in the Protected Geographical Indication area “Coteaux des Baronnies” come from a vineyard extending over just over 400 hectares. They are located in 28 municipalities and more specifically the cantons of Buis-les-Baronnies, Nyons, Piégon, Saint-Maurice-sur-Eygues, Venterol, Vinsobres, Rémuzat and Séderon.
It is the nature of the soil of Provence and the level of sunshine that have allowed the very particular rendering of the wine of the Baronnies. The vast majority of the wines produced are red in color, in accordance with the majority grape varieties. Grenache Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Gamay… It is not a wine but wines, balanced, complex and very diversified which await you for a tasting in the cellars.
Montbrun-les-Bains will be the ideal place for a moment of well-being during your holidays. Labeled Most beautiful village in France, you will be seduced by the incomparable charm of this village of character. Your steps will take you into the medieval old town, between narrow streets, old fountains, vaulted passages and high perched houses. You will find at its summit its ruined castle. A stroll between its fountains will take you outside the historic center at the bottom of the village, to the fountain of the thermal baths.
Completely renovated in 2006, the thermal spa of Montbrun-les-Bains will offer you many varied treatments and services: well-being and beauty treatments, thermal spa, fitness, fitness as well as a relaxation area, with solarium, jacuzzi, thermal pool, hammam, sauna ... An ideal place to forget the stress of everyday life! Do not miss the panoramic terrace with an incredible view from the jacuzzi, on Mont Ventoux!
For a 100% adrenaline break, take on one of the most beautiful via ferrata in Europe on the north face of Saint-Julien with its three routes of varying difficulty over more than 1700 meters of via. An activity accessible to experienced athletes as well as families and beginners. An initiation route will indeed be offered to you.
Explore our guide for holidays
Articles to help you prepare your holidays!