CAMPING MOULIN DE COLLONGE
Let's go for the holidays! Book your stay here 👇
the Greenway of southern Burgundy
Breathe, and cycle freely! Imagined on an old railway line, the green route of southern Burgundy is a superb paved cycle path dedicated to cyclists, pedestrians and rollerbladers. 120 kilometers long, this secure route is an excellent way to discover beautiful bucolic landscapes. On its route, you will discover magnificent sites such as Cluny abbey, castle of Cormatin or Berzé-le-Châtel castle. Don't miss either the rock of Solutré and the rock of Vergisson.
Walks and hikes
La Hiking is accessible to everyone. It's a delight when it comes to strolling, observing, meeting, finally taking the time.
Willows and its landscapes
5 minutes from camping, a nice hike of about twenty kilometers awaits you. Without any particular difficulties, it leaves from the village of Saules and will guide you through pretty landscapes. You will walk to discover the small heritage. You will discover a washhouse, the Reuil fountain, monasteries and church, the pond mill and the castle of Bissy-sur-Fley.
Valleys, gorges and castles
- The Crainseny Valley is another peaceful and relatively shaded route. Between vineyards and forest you will discover in the middle of nature, the surprising Crainseny Viaduct which spans the whole valley.
- The Gorges of the Mouille, near Culles-les-Roches, offer a passage full of charm without making you dizzy.
- 10 minutes from camping, departing from Fley, the course of the Château de Pontus offers a hilly ride. Without great difficulty, you will evolve in a preserved setting to meet villages dominated by Mount Bouzu. You will admire changing views along the way. In particular, enjoy the wide shot on Mont Saint-Vincent and the passage to the Château de Pontus-de-Tyard.
Loop the 4 bell towers
The pedestrian loop The 4 Bell towers is located in the town of Camping The Moulin de Collonge. You will evolve along the Chalonnaise coast, in the heart of the graceful landscape composed of the mosaic of vineyards and pastures. From the heights, the view sweeps over the Grosne valley. The path flirts with the vineyard and connects four picturesque villages. You will find pretty Romanesque steeples of Saules, Saint-Boil, Culles-les-Roches and Chenôves. The winegrowers' houses, the magnificent washhouses, the crosses stuck in the open fields, near a church or even in the villages are all lovely encounters and testimonies of rural life in the past.
Some artistic workshops
- Raku Ceramic Workshop in Saint-Clément-sur-Guye
- Pottery workshop of the Relais in Laives
- Lys pottery in Chissey-lès-Mâcon
- Pottery Marie Miler in Chevagny Sur Guye
Documentation to download
Terroir and wine heritage
To live to the rhythm of Burgundy wines, wine lovers will be spoiled by the diversity of the different white and red grape varieties, and the specificities of the region. The names are the literal translation of this complex universe. Here, the contribution of the vine, the influence of the terroir and the work of the winegrower come together.
83 appellations, spread over 4 levels are to be discovered… Not to mention the climats!
- Ruly, which is located in the Côte Châlonnaise, offers both a terroir, a history and a style of wine that is similar to the Côte de Beaune.
- Chassagne-Montrachet in the Côte de Beaune is renowned for its excellent white wine. It is produced in 5 appellations including 3 grands crus. Montrachet, the most famous of all, is often called "the king of white wines".
- Meursault is well known for its white wine from Meursault, one of the best white wines in France. It seems that white wine has always been produced in Meursault, at least from 1050.
- Volnay has been famous for already 8 centuries. It is even said that one day a king of France took the entire production of a campaign for his own account.
- Givry comes from a very pretty eponymous village located just next to Chalon-sur-Saône. There are many interesting historical places in the village of Givry itself.
- Pommard is a red wine terroir. Pommard wines are among the most tannic and robust in Burgundy. More powerful than their neighbors in Beaune and Volnay, they will delight your taste buds..
To visit around
Visit the city of Saint-Gengoux-le-National. The streets display medieval color through their picturesque names. Rues Pavé d'Andouilles and Rue du Moulin à Cheval, or Place du Pilori…
Stop at Deanery of Saint-Hippolyte. This Romanesque church, whose existence dates back to the year 1000, was the seat of a deanery of the Abbey of Cluny. In the XNUMXth century, the construction of fortifications affirmed the power of the abbey over the territory.
In La Chapelle-sous-Brancion, theNotre-Dame-de-l'Assomption Church still has some Romanesque parts. The apse, the choir and the last bay of the nave… But also the portal with its fluted pilasters and its capitals, and finally the Gothic frescoes of the apse.
The Fairy Garden
The Fairy Garden in Ameugny invites you to wander in a small rock garden, in espalier, whose theme is fairies and dragons. A collection of bonsais, medicinal plants, molehills (boxwood animals), or even a body of water with a waterfall and aquatic plants await you in this magical place.
Explore our guide for holidays
Articles to help you prepare your holidays!