- North of the Puys chain
- Leisure base and beach at the gates of the camping
- 25 minutes from the Sioule gorges
Camping Les Marins
Book your stay directly on our website
in one look
You are in the Combrailles, between Clermont-Ferrand and Limousin, immersed at the foot of the Puys chain. Here, the key word is Nature!
Sports and leisures
Water sports on the lakes
Lake Lapeyrouse, or that of Montmarault, so close to your camping "Les Marins", will offer you fine sand to plant your parasol and swim. Pedalos, canoes, windsurfers, are at your disposal, and you will relax at the tavern, unless, sporty, you are fans of volleyball and tennis.
Discovering the Little Amazon
Itinerant, you will follow the gorges of the Sioule and find the Gour de Saillant. You will get lost in the meanders of Queuille. Gorgeous ! Go to the Queuille dam. The 2 hours of walking will make you share, freshness, waterfalls, rustles of the forest, and understand why this paradise is qualified as "Little Amazonia". Party for party, don't miss the Viaduc des Fades, which spans the Sioule in a masterful way. The railway linked Lapeyrouse to Volvic. It is a specimen of rigour, a “steel cathedral”. It arises from the “Belle Epoque”, at an exceptional altitude. It is no more than a non-standard Vélorail passage. But the wild gorge, with its perfect curves, is worth your ten-kilometre effort if you follow the Loop. It is advisable, of course, to choose this walk on a clear day.
The Gour de Tazenat
This spectacular crater lake bears witness to the meeting between lava and river. Extend your walk to the Moulin des Palles. It is private, but will satisfy your curiosity for small heritage.
An endless choice
- The Motaillas Woods, in Vitrac: 4.5km. Count 7 kilometers to follow the Chartreuse Port-Sainte-Marie hike, in Les Ancizes.
- The Chevy of Pontgibaud will take you easily for 7,5 kilometers in the heart of lava flows and volcanic stones.
- The Clidane Valley, from Bourg-Lastic, will run its 10 kilometers with a privileged view of the Sancy.
- If history guides you, discover the 14 kilometers of the “Resistance” hike, from Saint Julien-la-Geneste. The Maquis is explained there on panels. This story of the 2th world war will allow you to better understand this secret region where water and vegetation dominate.
- The Gorges de la Sioule are a "Must". Classified Natura 2000, you can walk along them for 20 or 30 kilometres, depending on your wishes, as a tourist or as a seasoned walker, from Saint Gervais d'Auvergne.
- Passionate, well-equipped hikers, you will have the pleasure of introducing your friends or the youngest to the Forest School educational hike, in Charensat.
- A walk off the beaten track? You will contact Rufino, for a private visit of 2,5 kilometers to Saint-Hilaire-la-Croix. As a sculptor, he will open up an artistic perspective to you on this world of rocks, water and forests.
In Marcillat-en-Combrailles, several mountain bike trails await you. The Tartars (5h30) or ponds and low walls (3:30 p.m.). The Moulin Parraut (about 3h30) will take you through Charroux, a charming medieval village. The peaceful charm of 3 Chambonnet vats in Sauret-Besserve, plays on the water in cascades. Take advice from the manager of the camping.
Sportsmen, on the lookout this time, for thrills and adrenaline, you will climb the Via Ferrata of the Gorges de la Sioule, which offers 2 levels of difficulty.
You will contact the equestrian center and Pony Club of Durdat Larequille, to find an animal so present in our lives until the 50s. And which you may miss.
The Sioule River is the fisherman's paradise fly or knock. There are many fishing sites. the camping Les Marins thinks of you and also offers you the purchase of cards.
- The Bottom of Prade, first of all, in Servant, combines fun course, leisure center and fishing. There's something for the whole family, and you can buy your cards at the restaurant on the lake, or at the town hall in Montaigut.
- The pond of the Lodge, in Lapeyrouse, and its 11 hectares dedicated to fishing: carp, roach, perch... Night fishing is authorized for carp.
- The Gour de Tazenat in Charbonnière-les-Vieilles is a crater lake, and it is in its clear waters that you can swim or fish. Hiking, picnicking, or enjoying a pancake will please everyone. For change ?
- The pond of Cheix, in Biollet,
- The Magaud pond, in Saint Angel, or even Chancelade in Charensat.
- And for the pros of the fly, the No Kill course from Châteauneuf-les-Bains, will satisfy you for 1 kilometer, your feet in the clear water of this Mythical Sioule, on the lookout for the brown trout.
Go quickly take a deep breath at the Cotillon dam. Then take a walk between the Romanesque church of Notre-Dame de L'Assomption which dominates the town of Lapeyrouse, and the Pas de la Vierge, then the Saut de la Vierge… You will dive, without thinking about it, into the origins of Christianity. AT He sleeps, the Moulin de Villonne, and the Romanesque church of Montaigut will be echoes of it, and you will quickly become impregnated with your environment. If you are music lovers or musicians, the Organs of Pontaumur, in a XNUMXth century church will surprise you, and you will understand the enthusiasm of Bach enthusiasts. Hence a Bach festival in Combrailles. Heritage is also Notre-Dame Collegiate Church to Herman. Classified, from the XNUMXth century, reminiscent of a vanished fortress, it unrolls an imposing staircase and opens onto a magical panorama of the Puy de Sancy chain et Mounts of Cantal. You will live again, you will free your breath!
Castles and museums
- Le Chateau Chazeron, formerly Casa Ronda, is a historical monument of the XIIth century. You will love discovering this superb residence in the Plaine de la Limagne. It became a Gothic palace in the XIVth century, kept its gargoyles, and became in the XVIIth century a comfortable residence of which you will also visit the rose garden.
- The Rock Castle, was a fortress erected on a spur overlooking the Sioule.
- Au Chateau Dauphin, in Pontgibaud, the fortress has followed the evolution of time. It has become a family home, with a listed vegetable garden. Within the estate, don't miss a visit to the Mining Museum, which bears witness to the exploitation of galena (lead ore), the IIIth the XXth century.
Of course, these natural settings, beeches, oaks, chestnuts, are rich in an intense fauna of discrete mammals, but which you will grasp if you don't forget your binoculars. Show respect, discretion and patience. You will then come across chamois, mouflons, deer, marmots, otters and beavers. Look up, you will admire peregrine falcons, red kites whose wingspan can reach 1,95 meters. They fly almost motionless in the summer sky. Observe the beetles, and the nocturnal marsh owls, or Nelson's Serotine bat.
Clermont-Ferrand is a double city, unified under Louis XIII, whose origins are Gallo-Roman. The Gothic cathedral and the basilica have long punctuated the life of this city. Much later, the Michelin company settled in the region. The rhythm changed and modernized. You can discover this industrial and commercial life at The Michelin Adventure , rue du Clos Four in Clermont. A course of 2000 m2, an exploration game, a film, and vehicles arouse interest and curiosity. An interactive application can be downloaded. Finally, after strolling through the city, you can travel back in time, thanks to the Auvergne Steam Train.
Foodies? Don't miss the artisanal charcuterie, truffades, stews and stuffed cabbage. And then, the region is a veritable plateau… Of cheeses! Saint Nectaire, Fourmes d'Ambert or Montbrisson, Salers! Vichy pastilles and water of the same name, or Volvic, will then help you digest your feasts. Wine tourists? You will conclude your summer outings with a delicious Côte d'Auvergne or an atypical Gentian, shared in the evening, in the gentle atmosphere of the Camping Seamen of Lapeyrouse.