- In the heart of the Haut-Allier gorges
- Direct access to the river
- Ideal for white water sports and fishing
Camping Les Eaux Vives
Book your stay directly on our website
in one look
By booking in a camping theme Welcome, you choose an establishment providing you with a quality charter to provide you with specific services.
Straddling Lozère and Haute-Loire, the region is a fantastic playground for all hikers. From well-known paths and GR to more intimate trails, each walker will find something to suit him.
Discover the charter Hiking.
Long-distance hiking trails
- Le Camping The Eaux Vives is located on a stopover point of the GR 470, Sources and Gorges de L'Allier. This magnificent trail allows you to discover the wonders of this wild valley, its preserved fauna and flora. The GR 470 indeed goes back to the sources of the Allier. A superb hike along a wild river, through lands of legends.
- Way of Santiago de Compostela
- Stevenson path
Small Hikes Trails
Many PRs are easily accessible from the camping. For example, you will discover the panorama of the Allier gorges and the Velay plateau by following the PR 392, Le Nouveau Monde. Don't forget to raise your eyes to observe the sentinels of the Allier, these medieval castles posted on rocky outcrops. A superb trail that combines nature and culture!
You will find at the reception of the Camping Les Eaux Vives, all the information and topo of the various surrounding hikes.
Bikers are welcome at Camping The Eaux Vives ! You will find at the reception all the information and the motorcycle routes of the region. A room will be made available to you to protect your motorcycles and an anti-puncture kit will be offered to you on your arrival.
Discover the charter Motorcycle.
Roads of Lozere
Lozère lends itself wonderfully to the practice of touring motorcycles. Uncrowded roads and grandiose landscapes attract many bikers every year. Lozère Tourisme has developed, with the help of local biker associations, fifteen circuits to allow you to discover the entire region, its wide open spaces and its breathtaking panoramas. Don't forget to take well-deserved sightseeing and gastronomic breaks! The richness of the region is amply suited to this.
In search of the beast of Gevaudan
Let yourself be tempted by a trip to the vast expanses of Margeride, in the heart of the land of the Beast of Gévaudan, steeped in legends. You will take the road towards the granite lands of Margeride, in the north of Lozère, for a beautiful rural getaway, in the heart of the Lozère hinterland. On your way, you will pass by Lake Villefort and the shores of Lake Naussac, an ideal place for a swimming break.
For a more in-depth discovery of the Margeride, embark on loop number 10, the Margeride, between meadows, lakes and forests. Lovers of nature and wide open spaces will be delighted!
For all white water sports enthusiasts, you are in the camping ideal ! You will make the most of the unique playground offered by the Haut-Allier gorges to practice your favorite sport. Canoeing, kayaking, rafting, hot dogs, canyoning, whitewater swimming...
Discover the charter Canoe.
A wild and preserved river
Beginners or insiders, alone, with family or friends, everyone will enjoy discovering the river and its secrets. Among the last wild rivers in Europe, the Allier is certainly one of the most interesting to navigate by canoe. Different levels of difficulty for a practice within the reach of all, beginners or confirmed. Along the water, you will discover a multitude of grandiose landscapes, in which evolves a preserved wild fauna.
Descents for all levels
From half a day to a full day, beginners or experienced practitioners will enjoy trying out the different sections of varying difficulty. From Langogne to Prades 50 kilometers are accessible to amateurs on the Allier river.
- Langogne to St-Etienne du Vigan: 5 km in class II
- St-Etienne du Vigan to the Jonchère bridge: 6 km in classes III and IV
- Pont de Jonchère to Chapeauroux: 12 km in classes III, IV and V
- Chapeauroux to Alleyras: 20 km in classes II and III
- Monistrol from Allier to Prades: 12 km in class III
To venture into the gorges, do not forget to take the time to consult the information on the water level of the Allier. Passionate professionals are also at your disposal on site to guide you, initiate you, advise you and rent you the necessary equipment. To organize a day, a stay or just an unforgettable experience with a qualified guide, several partners of the camping offer you their services.
Mountain bike enthusiasts will be charmed by the fabulous playground of the Gorges de l'Allier! Many labeled areas and trails will allow you to explore the gorges on a walk, hike or roaming. Enjoy the beauty and diversity of its wild landscapes, from forests to lakes or plains.
Discover the charter MTB.
- Mountain biking area of the Allier Gorges
398 kilometers of marked circuits, always near the Allier river. They offer tracks and monotraces, plateaus and valleys, granite and basalt... A great diversity of practices and techniques!
- Volcanic Velay MTB area
Between the wild gorges of the Loire and the Allier, 400 kilometers marked and labeled FFC for the pleasure of all mountain bikers.
- Mountain biking area Saugues-en-Gevaudan
520 marked kilometers divided into 16 circuits from 3 km to 39 km, with varying levels of difficulty, to discover the legendary country of the Beast of Gévaudan. You will take paths that cross the GR of Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle, cross the granitic plateaus of Margeride or plunge into the gorges of Haut-Allier.
- Mountain biking area Pays d'Auzon
12 mountain biking circuits in the Pays d'Auzon to discover the landscapes of southern Auvergne and satisfy both beginners and the most demanding mountain bikers.
Since camping, you can explore the paths of the Margeride, its forests and its granite plateaus. Itineraries that will also allow you to dive into the Haut-Allier gorges. Magical !
Gévaudan MTB area
Impossible for mountain bike enthusiasts not to stop at the Gévaudan mountain bike area. The 12 circuits of different levels offer very beautiful views of Lake Naussac.
Around Naussac Lake
You will take the opportunity to go around the lake of Naussac, a beautiful loop of about thirty kilometers with some beautiful technical passages. After the effort, comfort! So do not hesitate to treat yourself to a well-deserved swimming break!
For any information, repair or rental of mountain bikes and electric mountain bikes, contact the partner of the camping, E-solution.
Trout fishing enthusiasts will find their paradise! At the edge of the Gorges de l'Allier, the Camping The Eaux Vives is ideal for welcoming anglers in the best possible conditions.
Discover the charter Fishing.
A fishing territory
The surroundings of Chapeauroux offer an exceptional diversity of landscapes, streams, rivers and torrents. They are all classified in 1st category, with a predominance of salmonids. All fishing techniques can be practiced. Toc, fly, artificial lures or flying (grasshopper). Sport, itinerant or waiting fishing... The region offers a great technical diversity where everyone can find what they are looking for.
- The Chapeauroux is a river that will satisfy amateurs and beginners, both for its landscapes and for its fish. It is home to three salmon species, salmon, trout and grayling.
- The Allier, a mythical salmon river, is now a delight for fishermen. It is renowned for being a trout paradise, and offers magnificent fishing potential between Lozère and Auvergne. The wild brown trout of Atlantic strain lives, grows and reproduces naturally in the Allier. You will also find a good population of grayling, whose fishing is regulated in no-kill.
Find all the information on fishing in Lozère, in the rivers, streams and lakes of the region or go to the website of the federation of fishing in Lozère.
- An experienced fisherman or a beginner, why not let yourself be tempted by fishing lessons? With the partner of Eaux Vives Ethics halieu. Lessons for adults, children or groups will be offered with Jérôme Bouard. He is a fishing guide specializing in lake fishing for predators, pike or large salmonids.
- Do not hesitate during your stay to take advantage of the advice of the Compagnie des guides de pêche de Lozère, partner of the camping. This association aims to promote fishing tourism in Lozère. For expert advice on fly fishing the area's rivers, ask for help from Stephane Faudon. He is a professional fishing guide and hydrobiologist.
To make your mouth water, the Fédération de la Pêche de Haute-Loire has published a video on kayak fishing in the Gorges de l'Allier. A fantastic opportunity to practice fly fishing and enjoy the magnificent landscapes of the gorges: