Camping Le Plô
The Sidobre region is a unique opportunity to practice many 100% nature activities. Choose the app Alltrails to discover the hikes around the camping.
The Sidobre enjoys a high rate of sunshine, so swimming will be welcome in summer! Besides the swimming pool of the camping, two large swimming pools will delight children (and parents!):
- L'Archipel, in Castres, with two large pools (indoor and outdoor) and several slides. Information on castres-mazamet.fr.
- The Sources Chaudes space in Lacaune, a wellness center with two large pools (indoor and outdoor) and slides, as well as a fitness room, hammam, sauna, etc. castres-mazamet.fr.
If you are a fan of natural swimming, many water points, lakes or rivers will satisfy your desires of escape! 15 minutes from camping, Lake Saint-Peyres is an artificial lake in the middle of nature, where you can swim in peace. 30 minutes from camping, the lake of La Raviège, not far from Salvetat-sur-Agout, will be more touristy, but you can practice many water activities (pedalos, canoes, boats ...) from its leisure center and will benefit from a beautiful beach .
The Tarn can also be discovered on the water. Canoeing is practiced on different sites; the closest descent will be at Burlats, for the descent of the Agout. This tributary of the Tarn is a true green setting at the gates of Sidobre. Ideal for a beautiful discovery along the water, in peace! The descent can be done with the family; children must be 7 years of age and over. Other descents, from 5 to 36 km, are accessible from Terrassac. You can also practice canoeing with the family on Lake Raviège.
More information on: herault-tourisme.com.
The waters of the Tarn are also very well known to fishermen. Spots protected from any pollution, developed or wild, they are present on lakes as well as on rivers or more discreet streams. The Sidobre will not be lacking in attractions! Passionate or beginner, fan of no-kill or fly fishing, you will find something for all tastes and all levels! You will meet fish, catfish, pike and pike perch on Agout, Tarn, Cérou, Sor or Thoré but also in lakes such as Lake Saint-Peyres or Raviège in Hérault. You will find all the information on the websites of the departmental fishing federations of Tarn and Hérault:
If you prefer to keep your feet on the ground but visit Sidobre in an atypical way, go for a horseback ride. Horseback riding, with donkeys or ponies, the region, by turns wooded or mountainous, is ideal for walks with your mounts. 10 minutes from camping, you will find a partner stable for your walks. Information and reservations with the camping or from the Sabatarian stables: ecuriesdelasabatarie.fr.
Fans of the little queen will find something to satisfy their desires in the Sidobre region! The region is sparsely populated and the roads beautiful and quiet, and the Tour de France passes regularly through the region. Not far from camping, for a beautiful discovery of Sidobre and its landscapes of granite blocks
Several circuits will be offered near the camping, and you will find all the information you need on the itineraries at the reception of the camping or on the dedicated page on its website: camping-leplo.fr.
If you are more a fan of mechanical sports, the Sidobre and its winding valleys and paths, in forests or in the mountains, are particularly suited to the practice of these activities! In 4 × 4 or enduro, you will enjoy the forest paths of Sidobre, sometimes with rocks and steep slopes, to fill up with adrenaline!
If you prefer the quad, whether on circuit or in the forest, several establishments offer circuits and hikes on the Sidobre trails, for young and old, with family or friends. Thrills and unforgettable memories guaranteed! for more information, contact Aubepine Quad in Puylaurens: aubepine-quad.fr.
For lovers of nature and new experiences, several activities are available to you:
- The tree climbing, ideal with family or friends, to go from tree to tree and enjoy a maximum of sensations with the zip lines! The courses will be adapted to the different ages and levels of each. You will find several parks in the region: Le Cri de Tarzan in Puylaurens (lecridetarzan.com), Aventure Parc in Saint-Pierre-de-Trivisy (adventure-parc.fr).
- There is no shortage of Via Ferrata and climbing sites in the region. To discover the Caroux Mountains region, in the Haut-Languedoc Regional Natural Park, by gaining height thanks to a sublime via ferrata, contact Acroroc, in Mont Roc (acroroc.com). If you prefer climbing in a natural environment, the rocks of Sidobre, the gorges of Banquet in Mazamet, the Gorges d'Héric, the Massif du Caroux or the Montagne Noire in Dourgne are all famous sites among climbers. Who says gorges says canyoning! A great way to enjoy the wild and unspoiled nature. For more information, contact the partners of the camping : Axecime with Yannick Saulnier, who offers you climbing and canyoning (axecime-canyon.com), Tarn Escalade Canyoning with Bruno Marchand (information at the reception of camping).
- The region has no shortage of caves, ideal for an unforgettable underground visit! Different caves are open to his practice: the Ponderach cave, in Saint-Pons-de-Thomières, the Calel cave in Sorèze with Patrick Rossignol. The cave of the Glass Spinner, in Devèze, will offer you a beautiful visit with 3D projection as well as a space dedicated to the discovery of the underground world and caving (lafileusedeverre.fr).