Camping Le Néri
Land of hiking
The Community of Communes of Bastides de Lomagne maintains 36 rural paths marked in loops of hiking trails. They allow a discovery of the heritage and the landscapes of the canton and beyond the Pays Portes de Gascogne. They are very popular with locals, tourists and visitors.
You will evolve in Bastides of Lomagne, in the Gers, in the land of foie gras, croustade, garlic and Armagnac. The locals will welcome you with sun, smile and accent! You will discover them in turn generous, funny, greedy, artists ... You will discover all the richness of the small local heritage, bastides, dovecotes and washhouses, gardens, lakes and hiking trails of this land of character.
For more details on the hiking trails, consult the Bastides de Lomagne tourism website, which publishes topo-guides which detail the routes and are full of information on heritage, culture and landscape. OR, opt for the app Alltrails and discover the hikes around the camping.
Among the hiking trails:
- Circuit n ° 5: Discovery of the village of Homps
- Circuit n ° 7: Pigeon path
- Circuit n ° 8: Gimone trail
- Circuit n ° 9: In the footsteps of Esclignac
- Circuit n ° 10: 4 bell towers trail
- Circuit n ° 11: The Way of the Cross of Péré
- Circuit n ° 12: The Turkish Cross
- Circuit n ° 13: In Naoua
- Circuit n ° 14: The Pigeon Path
12 mountain biking trails are available for download for sports bike aficionados in the heart of nature. By canoe, enjoy your holidays on the water. On horseback, many suitable trails will lead you through bucolic and restful landscapes.
Land of History
The northern part of the Gers department, which overflows slightly on the south of Tarn-et-Garonne, corresponds to the old Lomagne, born in the Middle Ages and disappeared with the Revolution, but which remains dear to the hearts of its inhabitants.
Before exploring Lomagne, go to Dunes village, a little architectural gem with its central square surrounded by arcades. It illustrates the purest tradition of the country houses, without forgetting the flowers that go with it. The town hall is even entirely set on arches.
Then join Castéra-Lectourois. Small picturesque village and so charming! The town hall square looks almost like a botanical garden, then a single tight alley leads to the small church.
La Collegiate Church of Romieu in itself also justifies your trip. A splendid medieval cloister, a narrow church in stained glass, a chapel with a painted ceiling, two towers with a view and even an astonishing double helix spiral staircase.
You will spend an unforgettable day at Sarrant, classified among the “Most Beautiful Villages of France”. On the program, stroll through the alleys, visit the Maison de l'Illustration, bookbinding workshop and wood turner. You will then take a gourmet break at the tartinerie bookstore, before embarking on a pleasant hike on the dovecote trail.
When you opt for a little sport, then take advantage of the lakes to go sailing, reach the bastides by electric bike and spend a night under the stars… In the morning, go to the lake of Thoux-Saint Cricq for a sailing session. Then, equipped with electric bicycles, you will explore the bastides and works of street art, pedaling as you wish.
In the evening, a privileged session at the planetarium and an evening dinner at the Ferme des étoiles, in Mauroux, will undoubtedly enhance your trip.
La Star Farm is a grouping of three non-profit associations (law of 1901) which pooled their know-how and their means to carry out a project of scientific culture on the theme of the sciences of the Universe and the Earth.
- Association of International Festival of Sky and Space which organizes one-off events, in particular the Fleurance Astronomy Festival, the Science Marathon and the Astro-Jeunes Festival.
- Association Open air which is in charge of the design and implementation of educational content and has the human resources and the equipment and materials necessary for these activities.
- Association The Star Farm which manages the hosting of the same name.
These three structures are grouped under the common “label”: “La Ferme des Etoiles”.
The godfather is none other than Hubert REEVES who wrote “The universe explained to my grandchildren”. A fascinating and educational book accessible to all.
The project is aimed at a large audience and is part of a dual approach that is both scientific and citizen.
Presentation of the scientific approach:
- Help as many people discover and love science, especially young people
- Provide training allowing a leisure practice (initiation) or passion (improvement) of activities related to Sky and Space (astronomy, aeronautics, astronautics)
Presentation of the citizen approach:
- Explain the Universe and our place in it
- Contribute to an awareness of the dangers that threaten our planet
- Raise awareness of the resulting changes in practices and behaviors
- Contribute to giving everyone - and especially the youngest - the taste and the means to develop a critical mind, the foundation of the scientific approach and a condition of citizen freedom.
Land of encounters
You will meet men and women who have kept their link with the “handmade” tradition and present their know-how and their gift (watchmaker, organ builder, seamstress, painter, designer…). They will be privileged interlocutors for a moment of discovery in all conviviality. All participate in the richness of this territory. Their profession is their passion, they exercise it with ethics and respect for their work and their customers. If the quality of the work and the beauty are at the heart of your expectations, cross the door of their workshops on our territory. In Bastides de Lomagne and more precisely in Sarrant, a farmer offers organic Saffron. Foie gras and Garlic are the stars of the terroir. This is how in the Saint Clarais hillsides, the owners of the Magnas estate set out to cultivate this mushroom appreciated by gourmets and wrongly considered inaccessible. The Excuse brewery in Mauvezin offers original and fragrant craft beers. The honey farm of the Embideau farm is a beautiful family story. Three generations follow each other. René passed the torch to Serge who passes it on to his son Pierre. After 70 years of existence, the beekeeping operation will continue over time. Serge and Pierre offer visitors free guided tours, tastings and workshops by appointment on 05 62 06 87 79. The farm is located between Cologne and L'Isle-Jourdain, in the village of Saint-Cricq. Alexandre Robard in Cologne, Thierry Cordier in Thoux, Vincent Gary in Solomiac, Yannick Manaut in Saint Clar, are other beekeepers in the region.
- Tuesday : Fumel, Puy L'Évêque, Tournon-d'Agenais
- Wednesday : Saint-Sylvestre-sur-Lot
- Friday : Tournon-D'Agenais, Prayssac, Fumel
- Saturday : Montayral, Duravel, Villefranche du Périgord, Saint-Sylvestre-sur-Lot, Montaigu-de-Quercy,
- On Sunday : Tournon-D'Agenais, Prayssac
Tourist documentation to download
- Discovery map of the Gers
- Gers My family holidays
- Walker's guide in the Gers
- Condom Gers magazine sites to visit
- Condom Art and Crafts Magazine
- Gers 2020 summer guide