- Warm welcome, rural setting and unobstructed panoramic view
- A secure swimming pool, a renowned pizzeria and access to many activities
Camping Le Daguet
Let's go for the holidays! Book your stay here 👇
in one look
By booking in a camping theme Welcome, you choose an establishment providing you with a quality charter to provide you with specific services.
No heavy equipment needed. Just good shoes, something to protect yourself from the sun and water to stay hydrated. Then the path is only pleasures… Pleasures linked to discovery, encounters and observation. Because if hiking is so popular, it is partly because it is a healthy and sporting activity, while taking the time to discover the cultural and architectural heritage. Stop here or there for a museum visit or a unique experience in the heart of fantastic natural sites.
Hiking and terroir
The Périgord noir is the territory of lovers of prehistory, heritage, gastronomy and hiking. Hilly and very rustic, it is the landmark of sports enthusiasts who like to get off the beaten track. Breaks at the splendid viewpoints offered by the rocky peaks of the Vézère and Dordogne valleys.
Choose the app all trails and discover the hikes around the camping.
Trails near the Camping The Daguet
From Hautefort, Sarlat, Les Eyzies, Montignac, La Roque-Gageac or Belvès… Hikers can make very long loops. As a family, it is a pleasant territory because the hikes can also be short... Do not miss the routes around Sarlat, in the country of Fénelon or on the banks of the Dordogne.
Some routes to download:
The Périgord Noir is a superb destination for mountain bikers. The trails are many and varied. Depending on your form and your level of practice, you will have a wide choice of paths or single-tracks.
Discover the charter MTB.
An ideal frame for mountain biking
Medieval and picturesque villages, enchanted forests, green valleys and rivers will be the landscapes you will cross. The walk Through the woods of Saint Laurent is, for example, an idea for a family mountain bike outing.
A mountain biking map will allow you to prepare your circuits. Do not hesitate to contact directly the reception of the camping, Nathalie and Philippe have planned everything so that you can obtain all the information you need (contact details for rental companies and equipment manufacturers, maps, brochures, etc.).
- From Saint-Laurent-la-Vallée, you can take a beautiful loop with very rich rural architecture. The ocher and black stones mix. Beautiful dovecotes are remarkable.
- The Loop of the Viaducts is a quiet little circuit through the beautiful landscape of the Dordogne. You will follow a stream, pass under a viaduct, cross a forest full of wild animals, a real change of scenery.
- Another walk of about 8 kilometers will guide you along the Dordogne near Allas-les-Mines. You will evolve first in the forest, then in the countryside then along the Dordogne.
When we talk about heritage in Périgord, a multitude of tourist sites comes to mind. The most beautiful villages in France, cities of Art and History, caves and chasms, bastides, castles, towns of character, parks and gardens...
Discover the charter Heritage Discovery.
Iconic sites around the camping
As close as possible to Saint-Laurent-la-Vallée where the Camping The Daguet, go to the Château de Castelnaud-la-Chapelle. Then go to La Roque-Gageac and plan an outing to Domme. Finally pass by the castle of Marqueyssac. The Château de Beynac is also a must, as is the Château des Milandes.
Nathalie and Philippe encourage you to go to Le Bugue to visit the Périgord Noir Aquarium with your family and go through the Village of Bournat (combined ticket possible). The Gouffre de Proumeyssac, one of the most sumptuous in the region, is also located in the village of Le Bugue.
Exceptional sites less than an hour away
- Rocamadour with the Rocher des Aigles, and the Monkey Forest, are two tourist sites 50 minutes drive from the camping, where you will have a good time with family, friends or as a couple.
- The Gouffre de Padirac on the road to Brive, about 45 minutes by car from the camping, invites you to discover the first underground world site in France!
- In Montignac, about 50 minutes drive from the camping, The Cave of Lascaux. Known throughout the world for being the flagship site of parietal art.
- La Bastide de Monpazier is a village frozen in time with its cobbled square in the center and its arches.