- Exceptional situation for this camping Boutique
- Heated indoor swimming pool with spa and water games
Camping Le Bois Verdon
Let's go for the holidays! Book your stay here 👇
in one look
By booking in a camping theme Welcome, you choose an establishment providing you with a quality charter to provide you with specific services.
For a sporting day with family, solo or with friends, many activities are available: paddle, sailing, sand yachting, kitesurfing, surfing... These water sports are accessible to everyone, beginners or experienced, including children.
Located between the island of Noirmoutier and the beach of Fromentine, the navigation area of the sailing school is quiet and secure.
From 6 years old, you will be able to initiate yourself to the pleasure of sliding and thrills with the practice of surfing with professionals.
For surfers, the Vendée has a multitude of surf spots. You will find all types of waves for all tastes:
- Beachbreaks (waves breaking on sandbanks)
- Reefs (wave breaking on rocks or corals)
- Pointbreaks (waves breaking along a bay)
- Fallback spots (spots allowing surfing in more accessible waves during big swells and big storms)
Many places along the coast will offer you beautiful surf spots, starting with the beach of St-Jean-de-Monts. The whole beach is surfable. St-Jean-de Monts beach is a large sandy beach (beachbreak). Its main peak is near the Estacade, where crossing the bar is easy and quick.
A few minutes from the beach of St-Jean-de-Monts and its nautical base, the camping The Bois Verdon will be the ideal place to initiate yourself or to practice your favorite activity.
The nautical base offers lessons and courses from 12 years old as well as windsurfing boards for hire. Ideally located between the island of Noirmoutier and the beach of Fromentine, the sailing school's navigation area is calm and secure.
Windsurfing is a very complete sport. You work almost every muscle in the body including the abdominals, glutes, arms and pecs, back and thighs. This sport also works the mind. You have to know how to be persistent because it is not a very easy sport and keeping your balance will require concentration and agility!
Trail running has been the sport in vogue for several years, short for “trail running”. The country of Saint-Jean-de-Monts is particularly suitable for trail running. Trail running is “nature running”, running over a long distance in a natural environment, generally on dirt roads and hiking trails in a wide variety of landscapes: plain or forest, coast or mountain.
Discover the charter Trail.
Trail enthusiasts are bound to know the resort of Saint-Jean-de-Monts, the leading trail station on the French coast. The soil of the region, particularly flexible and comfortable for the practice of this sport, and the ideal weather conditions, allow practice all year round. Beginners eager to learn or experienced practitioners, you will enjoy the 4 trail workshops in Saint-Jean-de-Monts and its 12 hiking trails, comprising no less than 200 cumulative kilometers. The reception bases offer you a wide range of equipment and adapted services, via the Trail Station and Nordik Walk passport, which can be downloaded from the internet.
The workshops will allow neophytes to gently initiate themselves into the practice of trail running and seasoned runners to train.
Among the workshops, you will have the choice between:
- loop C, “long coast”, 146 meters to train for the passage of hills and descents.
- loop D, “VMA loop”, ideal for measuring physical capacity.
12 routes through the Pays de Saint-Jean-de-Monts allow you to practice trail running on ideal terrain and to take advantage of the diversity and beauty of the Vendée landscapes. among them you will find:
- circuit of the Pont d'Yeu 7,7 km, a dune path to practice at low tide to enjoy the Pont d'Yeu.
- trailer circuit, 22,6 km, in the heart of the great Vendée spaces between pine forest, dunes and ocean.
- personalised tour The Great Trail, a 52 km “super course” between dunes and forest, the only black run in the region and linking three towns in the Pays de St-Jean-de-Monts.
Le camping also offers a bicycle rental service.
The Vendée is undoubtedly THE cycling destination for your holidays with a network of cycle paths of 1800 km combined. Beginners, amateurs or seasoned practitioners, you will enjoy the great diversity of landscapes of the Vendée, including the natural areas of the coast.
The Country of Saint Jean de Monts alone has more than 170 kilometers of cycle paths in the heart of the marsh, in the middle of the forest, in the city center or by the sea. More than half of the network is on its own site, otherwise said on dedicated bicycle lanes. You ride in complete safety, and these routes are ideal for family outings with children.
Among the accessible trails, do not miss the unmissable Vélodyssée, this route that runs along the Atlantic coast from north to south, passing in particular through the Vendée.
Take the 18 kilometers of the Vélodyssée between La Barre de Monts and La Fromentine / St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie. Through the national forest, you will walk under the pines on its paths before reaching the dunes and finally the large beach of St-Jean-de-Monts along the ocean.
You will pass through the old fishing village of Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez before reaching the Vendée coast and its famous rocks at Sion-sur-L'Océan. A unique panorama not to be missed!
Several circuits and loops are possible in Saint-Jean-de-Monts and in the neighboring towns. among them, here are some routes to make your mouth water:
- shells and pine cones loop, a nice easy loop of 17 km which navigates between national forest and fine sandy beach. a beautiful overview of the Vendée landscapes!
- panoramas loop, a 27 km loop of medium difficulty with superb panoramas, between forest, ocean and Vendée marshes.
- Daviaud loop, an easy 13 km loop for an immersion in the mysteries of the Vendée marshes.
St-Jean-de-Monts is the first Nordic walking station (Station Nordik Walk) on the French coast, where you enjoy soft and comfortable ground, ideal for walking with poles, in superb landscapes and large natural spaces. From the national forest to the fine sandy beaches, there will be something for everyone! Nordic walking is an outdoor sport, in harmony with nature. A Nordik Walk® Station is a place 100% dedicated to Nordic walking, offering routes, services (lessons, courses, etc.) and tools to all practitioners, beginners or experienced.
Throughout the year, 5 Nordik Walk courses await you in the heart of the Vendée landscapes. Between dunes, forest and ocean, these routes represent more than 45 kilometers combined. You will benefit from a range of services and equipment adapted to the practice of Nordic walking by going to the reception bases with your Trail Station and Nordik Walk passport, which can be downloaded from the internet. Information panels are present at the start of the circuits.
On the program of these routes, gentle toning of the body and fortification of the bones. Nordic walking will provide you with relaxation and well-being, without damaging your body, and is therefore suitable for everyone, whatever your age and physical condition:
- Discovery tour 3,9 km, a nice initiation course to start gently and familiarize yourself with the different terrains.
- panoramic tour 6,8 km, an easy loop between national forest and dunes.
- GR circuit of the Pays de St-Jean-de-Monts, a challenging 14,8 km route in the footsteps of the G8.
- deer circuit 14,2 km, a loop of medium difficulty in the heart of the pine forest.
- Lighthouse circuit at Pey de la Blet of 6,4 km, an easy loop between seaside and forest, in the heart of the canopy of St-Jean-de-Monts, the Pey de la Blet.