Camping La Parée Preneau
During your arrival drink, the various partners of the camping will be present to help you discover their activities.
The Vendée by the sea
From Sion-l'Océan to Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie via the corniche, you will discover a superb panorama with a breathtaking view of the sea and a coast dotted with wild rocks, such as the Cinq Pineaux or the Trou du Diable.
Located halfway between St Jean de Monts and St Gilles Croix de Vie in Vendée, Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez benefits from 10 beaches and over 13 km of fine sandy beaches. Large beaches and small coves come together in an omnipresent nature, where you can walk in a pine forest which gives the coast its unspoiled and authentic appearance. In the north, they start in the continuity of the beaches of St Jean de Monts. As far as Sion sur l'Océan, the beaches are very well preserved and bordered by dunes.
You will be able to discover the port of St Gilles Croix de Vie with its streets always animated by traditional shops as well as its marina and fishing port and its auction. The town of St Jean de Monts, for its part, will seduce you with its esplanade advancing majestically over the sea and its large sandy beach bordered by an embankment designed for bicycles and pedestrians.
The beach located 900 m from The Parée Préneau will allow you, before arriving there, to discover our superb national forest and its multiple species of plants.
Thanks to cycle paths, you will be able to discover our coast of light with its thousand and one landscapes, the rocky beaches, the village of Sion the ocean, the salt marshes, the forest bordering the dunes before arriving on the Atlantic Ocean from where you can see the island of Yeu or island of Noirmoutier.
So close to the Atlantic, it is no wonder that lovers of water sports and fishing are found on the Vendée coast to taste the salty air and practice their favorite sports: sand yachting, surfing, kite surfing, windsurfing, paddle boarding, catamaran and optimist, jet ski, etc. Several nautical bases near the camping You will be offered at the reception, including that of Sion, at the edge of the ocean, that of the Valleys at the edge of a body of water (base labeled "tourism and disability") or that of the Demoiselles more specialized in sand yachting.
If you wish to go on sea fishing trips, do not hesitate to ask for information at the reception of the camping who will put you in touch with his partner.
The Vendée on the land side
The Vendée is also its land, its light and its biodiversity. On the land side, the Breton Marais and its magical atmosphere, the Vie river, which runs along Saint-Hilaire de Riez, and the local botanical heritage (including many species of protected plants) will encourage you to take unforgettable walks, between greenery and pure air. If you want an original ride, the partner of camping The Canoes of the Marais will offer you individual or group outings to observe the marsh from the water.
Do not miss La bourrine du Bois Juquaud, a small hamlet of traditional marsh houses classified as a Museum of France which reveals the way of life of the old Vendée with clothes, utensils, equipment and period recipes.
With family or friends, go for an unusual walk in the heart of nature to discover the Vendée hinterland aboard a draisine, on an old railway line. More information at the reception of camping or velorail-vendee.fr
Stroll through the region's traditional markets and savor their healthy and typical products. You can visit the following markets:
- Tuesday : Saint Gilles, Challans and Sion (St Hilaire de Riez)
- Wednesday : Cross of life, Saint Jean de Monts
- Thursday : Saint Hilaire, Saint Gilles, Brétignolles
- Friday : Sion (St hilaire de riez)
- Saturday : Cross of Life and Saint Jean de Monts
- Sunday : Saint Hilaire (center), Brétignolles
- NOIRMOUTIER: The beauty of this island, the largest of the Vendée islands, lies in its many small authentic villages which have kept their traditional architecture. You will be able to browse them thanks to the many cycle paths present over the entire length of the island and thus enjoy the large sandy beaches and nature.
Fans of shore fishing (hulls, clams, pine nuts, etc.) will be delighted, passing by the famous Passage du Gois, a submersible paved road unique in the world which before the construction of the bridge was the only one to link the island to the mainland.
- L'ILE D'YEU: Located 17 km from the Vendée coast, this authentic and wild island invites you to walk or cycle ... So small but endowed with so many magnificent landscapes, cliffs, wild coves, famous castle, fine sandy beaches and famous small fishing ports ... Nature lovers will not be able to miss this gem!
The Vendée, still alive and dynamic, is not only one of the sunniest departments in France with a temperate and warm climate, but also equipped with amusement parks whose reputation is well established:
- THE GRAND PARC DU PUY DU FOU: Voted best park in the world for several years, at 1:30 am you can immerse yourself for 1, 2 days, or an evening in the enchantment of the Vendée wars. The history of our department as well as of France is very well represented there: magical moments guaranteed
- ATLANTIC TOBOGGAN: aquatic park 2 kilometers from the camping, a universe where water reigns supreme. Slide, torrent, wave pools and above all the biggest indoor wave in France.
- THE BIG CHALLENGE: tree climbing, paintball, pony ride, orientation course. You like sensations: discover near the camping the Parée Préneau tree climbing courses where thrills and challenges will delight young and old alike since the courses start from 2 years old ...
Many theme parks await you near the camping The Parée Préneau, to discover with family or friends!
Explore our guide for holidays
Articles to help you prepare your holidays!