Camping La Conge
Book your stay directly on our website
Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez is 12 kilometers of fine sandy beach and 3,5 kilometers of rocky coast interspersed with sandy coves. You will also discover a huge national forest, hiking trails and cycle tours. A multitude of nautical and leisure activities, events and festivals await you there. Without forgetting the charm of the hinterland of fresh and salt marshes. All the advantages of a natural resort come together in this mosaic of landscapes, in a warm and family atmosphere.
Culture and heritage
On the former island of Riez, the dunes and marshes invite us to remember the wars of religion and the wars of Vendée. Catholics and Protestants in the XVIIe century, royalists and Bonapartists in the XIXe…Here, men fought for their ideals.
Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy
The Notre-Dame de Pitié chapel dates from the XNUMXth centurye or XVe century. Local scholars and historians have long thought that the Notre-Dame de Pitié chapel was built in 1610. But the latest restoration campaign has uncovered ancient remains revealing the Gothic style.
The Wars of Religion damaged the building during the XNUMXthe century. Baroque in style, its altarpieces are listed in the Inventory of Historic Monuments. They present two scenes from the New Testament and a representation of shipwrecked sailors imploring the Virgin and Child. The Saint-Hilaire church is a fine example of neo-Gothic with its pointed arches, its cross-ribbed vaults, the symmetry and regularity of its structure.
The Bourrine Museum of Bois-Juquaud
Discover the daily life of the market gardeners at the start of the XNUMXth centurye century. Authentic set of earthen constructions covered with reeds, the Bourrine du Bois-Juquaud dates back to 1818. It testifies to life in the marsh at the beginning of the XNUMXth century.e century. This former farm consists of the Bourrine itself, a restored dwelling place, and many ancillary buildings such as the barn, the dairy, the chicken coop or the shed.
The Recoin saltworks
La saline du Recoin presents the Hilaire salt marshes located on the right bank of the coastal river La Vie. Entering it, you are on a remarkable site, protected by the Coastal Law and classified Natura 2000. Abandoned after the 1970s, these marshes were rehabilitated in 1997 and today revive the salt harvest. Guided by the salt worker, you will understand how the salt marsh becomes the salt marsh. An alchemy between earth, water, moon, sun, wind and man. The singularity of this activity is to have preserved through the ages, its traditions, its tools, and its working methods.
Thanks to the footpath along the coast, set off on foot from Les Demoiselles, and reach La Pelle-à-Porteau, at the end of the Vendée Corniche. The walk of about 13 kilometers, borrows the right of way for pedestrians on the coast. It is in fact the old customs footpath that the town has developed. Along the route, along the shore, hikers cross several natural sites, from the beach to the white dune, from the gray dune to the wooded dune...
The Puy du Fou
Since Camping Conge, we strongly advise you to go to Puy du Fou. Rated the best park in the world, Puy du Fou is a historical theme park. It allows you to rediscover history in a different way, through costumed and incredibly dynamic shows.
islands of Yeu and Noirmoutier
Plan the day, departure from Saint Gilles Croix de Vie or Fromentine. The essentials to do on site are the old castle, the port of La Meule in particular. The Ile de Noirmoutier is also a jewel that you can visit by bike. Accessible at low tide by the Passage du Gois, many cycle paths will take you there easily.
By bike, evolve within a privileged territory. 350 kilometers of cycle paths are available to you, between the coast, the countryside, the marshes and the forest. Enter here Velodyssey, the Vélo Francette and the Vendée à Vélo, you will be spoiled for choice!
- Loop 22 from Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez takes you for around 1h30 of an easy family route to discover the most beautiful sites in the town.
- The circuit n°5 of the Vendée offers more than 20 kilometers from Saint-Jean-de-Monts to Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie. It runs along the Côte de Lumière and the Vendée Corniche, and guides you to the most beautiful beaches of Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez.
Beyond Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez, the entire department offers a developed and secure network of more than 1 kilometers of cycle paths. This network of cycle paths will take you to the island of Noirmoutier to the north and La Tranche-sur-Mer to the south.
- Youpla'land, play and leisure park with inflatable structures for children from 0 to 14 years old.
- Parc de la Pège, games room, merry-go-round, mini-golf.
- Feeling Forest, leisure park for tree climbing and other outdoor activities.
- Dino's Park, to observe life-size dinosaurs in their natural environment.
- Festival Towards the Arts
- Beautiful Land Park, funfair for young and old.
- Atlantic Toboggan, water and amusement park.
- The Vélo Rail, with family or friends, travel the 10 km to discover the hinterland of Saint Gilles.
- Le Grand Défi, leisure park for practicing tree climbing, paintball, galactic laser, orienteering course, or pony rides.
Favorites from camping
- Fancy beautiful walks in the forest or in the dunes, observation of fauna and flora, visits to the salt marshes... Patrick "A guide in the Vendée" is the privileged partner who will be able to accompany you with kindness and professionalism.
- Practice water walking with Chloé "Chloé's walks" will be your ally! Chloé will be your water walking instructor. His playground is the ocean. She has also been a surf teacher for 5 years.
Explore our guide for holidays
Articles to help you prepare your holidays!