- SPA and relaxation area in the heart of Ariège
- Kids Club
Camping du Lac Mercus
Let's go for the holidays! Book your stay here 👇
in one look
By booking in a camping theme Welcome, you choose an establishment providing you with a quality charter to provide you with specific services.
- For a great discovery of the Ariège mountains with the family and its typical landscapes, the circuit of the pond of Comte will be indicated. It will take you about 2 hours to complete the 5 km walk for an elevation of about 329 meters. You will cross subalpine pastures before arriving at the beautiful Comte pond for a well-deserved refreshing break. A real introduction to the mountain environment!
- For hikers in love with the mountains, a beautiful walk of about 4h30 for a little 10 km awaits you with the Blue pond loop. You will need to count nearly 850 m of elevation for this hike. But what a sight! A high-altitude hike with a breathtaking view of the Ariège mountains and a nice glimpse of the calm and beauty of the altitude ponds with the discovery of the Blue pond.
It is impossible to talk to you about hiking in the Ariège Pyrenees without approaching the mythical GR10, the Great Traversée des Pyrénées, linking the Atlantic to the Mediterranean. It is certainly one of the most beautiful GR in France, with breathtaking views of the Pyrenean peaks, and a real discovery of their land. The Ariège alone covers nearly 25% of the GR10, for a wild and isolated part. Perfect for seasoned hikers who love the great outdoors! It crosses the Ariège Pyrenees Natural Park, where the diversity of landscapes and the discovery of lush flora and fauna will leave you speechless. You can do sections of the GR10, provided you are well equipped and prepared, because if it is one of the most beautiful GR, it is also one of the most isolated.
Between walks and landscaped playgrounds, all mountain bikers, whether beginners or experienced, will find what they are looking for!
Ariège offers several bike parks spread over its territory. The tracks have been specially designed and designed for mountain bikers. Beginners or experienced practitioners, you will enjoy an exceptional natural setting. Once you have climbed the slope by chairlift, on foot or by bike, all you have to do is hurtle down it to get your adrenaline pumping! The bike parks are accessible to DH, Enduro and VAE mountain bikes. They have been designed both to improve your technique (master your speed and control, improve your jumps, etc.) and above all to have fun and make you happy!
Several circuits and loops are available according to your tastes and your levels:
- For a warm-up of about forty minutes, the Ormeaux circuit, of less than 10 km and with almost zero elevation, will allow you to train along the Ariège. Ideal for beginners!
- For experienced mountain bikers, go attacking the Col de Joux for 27 km of spectacular forest and mountain landscapes. A steep drop and sometimes technical trails but the panorama of the Pyrenees and the Oriège Valley dominated by the mythical summit of the Dent d'Orlu will undoubtedly be worth your efforts!
If you want to treat yourself to a share of magic on a mythical circuit, you can do sections of the Great Mountain Bike Crossing of Ariège, labeled FFC. In a spectacular setting in the heart of the Pyrenees, along mythical and historic paths, such as the way to Santiago de Compostela, 223 km divided into 12 sections will be offered to you, alternating fun walks and much more technical passages.