Camping des Bastides
Like the five fingers of the hand
The Lot et Garonne extends over 5 territories which are harmoniously articulated around their history, their culture and their traditions. Choose the app Alltrails and discover the hikes around the camping.
- Agenais extends naturally around Agen, capital of prunes. It is a prefecture of 32 inhabitants where it is good to stroll in the old streets of Agen, where it is good to live and discover the Romanesque riches of the surroundings.
- L'Albret, land of Gascony, of King Henri IV, is famous for its Nérac castle. It is a hilly land with good living, where you will enjoy taking a boat trip on the Baïse. You will visit Nérac, Barbaste, and discover the vineyards of Buzet ...
- The Land of Dropt, on the edge of the nearby Périgord, is steeped in history. Visit Duras and its famous castle. Take a detour via Allemans du Dropt. Discover the Bastides of the region and inevitably taste the wines of Côtes de Duras!
- The Val de Garonne / Gascogne, full of orchards, rivers and canals. From Casteljaloux to Marmande, from the Garonne to the limits of the Landes forest, you will evolve in changing landscapes.
- The Lot Valley, the majestic Lot, is punctuated by lush orchards, castles and bastides. The hilltop villages and grandiose panoramas make this place a dream destination for family sports and leisure activities.
Explore the picturesque villages
Eight villages received the coveted title of “Plus Beaux Villages de France”: Carennac, Loubressac, Autoire, Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, Capdenac-le-Haut, Cardaillac, But also Collonges-La-Rouge et Curemonte. Their brown tiled roofs, their ocher stones, their sculpted windows and their square dovecotes give them an exceptional character. These villages alone embody the spirit of the Lot. Take the time to explore Agen, a charming city renowned for its famous prunes but not only! Wherever you are in Lot-et-Garonne, one thing is certain, you will not escape the warm and friendly welcome of the locals ... Many other villages are well worth a detour and if all are different, the charm is undoubtedly. their common asset: Marcilhac-sur-Célé, Martel, Puy-l'Evêque, Gourdon without forgetting Rocamadour! If you are curious about the historical heritage, the bastides will take you for an immersion in the famous new towns of the Middle Ages.
Did you know that Lot-et-Garonne is the Aquitaine department with the most bastides, 42 in total?
Walk the flowery alleys of Monflanquin to soak up the medieval charm that reigns over the city. Classified among the most beautiful villages in France, it is also one of the most emblematic bastides of Lot-et-Garonne. You will feel the special atmosphere of this real place of life, stroll through the arcaded square and stock up on gourmet products at the farmers' market. Take the opportunity to go to bastides museum and to know everything about these medieval villages, typical of the South-West of France ...
And… To be amazed, visit the Bonaguil Castle, the last of the great French fortified castles. You will see how it has gigantic dimensions! Cultural events and workshops are organized throughout the year in the superb Château de Duras and Château Henri IV in Nérac. Perfect occasions to revisit history with the family.
Surprises in music
Even if Lot-et-Garonne is indeed a land of rugby, more than 1000 cultural events take place in the territory each year. Come and enjoy the unique atmosphere of Garorock festival in Marmande, which welcomes the biggest names on the French and international music scene every year…. It is also one of the 5 biggest French festivals! Meet at the village of Couthures where is the International Festival of Living Journalism. You will have the choice among more than 120 workshops, debates and conferences to take an interest in current events and the media world.
Some festivities to remember around culture
- Theater Festival in Agen in July
- Laughter Festival in Villeneuve sur Lot in July
- Prune Festival in Sainte Livrade in July
- Garonna Show in Port Sainte Foy in July
- Aiguillon Jazz Festival in August
- Music Festival in Albret in August
- Bonaguil Fumel Festival in August
- Street arts festival in Miramont de Guyenne in August
- Lyric Nights in Marmandais in August
The Lot, a discreet river
Less known than its big sisters, the Lot is also home to small intimate and unspoiled valleys. Near Rocamadour Ouysse Valley is ideal for a hike to discover resurgences with turquoise blue water worthy of the end of the world. Further south, the discreet Worm Valley and its small waterfalls is a true fisherman's paradise. The Célé Valley undulates in a wild and poetic course at the same time. Cave houses, canoe descent. Time seems to have stood still and the charm operates. From village to trail, the secret Lot, awakening senses, curious eyes and a benevolent heart. From April to October, you can cross a preserved river surrounded by grandiose landscapes. From Luzech to Larnagol via Cahors, both flora and fauna will seduce you. You do not need a license to become the captain of these boats and you will have a lot of fun going through the 17 manual locks! The rental of mini-barges for the day is also possible. At the helm of your boat, you will organize your trip to the rhythm of your desires.
Everywhere, beautiful surprises will make you want to take advantage of every moment to keep a wonderful memory of your stay at the camping of the Bastides.
Do you know the agriturismo?
Agritourism includes direct sales at the farm, immersion stays on farms and discussions with professionals to (re) discover French agriculture, for a weekend or more. It is a branch of rural tourism which attracts more and more vacationers. Two main networks list the different formulas available throughout France: “Bienvenue à la ferme”, a mark of Chambers of Agriculture, and “Accueil paysan”, an association that promotes peasant agriculture.
Essentially rural, the agriturismo takes on its full meaning in the region. Lot et Garonne is a land generous in agricultural production, bathed in orchards and fertile land, vines, fields and crops. Prunes, tomatoes, Buzet wines, Duras, melons, strawberries, asparagus… It is the main agricultural department of the Aquitaine Region! With more than 70 different agricultural productions, Lot-et-Garonne is a rural department par excellence, the first in France for the diversity and quality of its fruits and vegetables, a land of vines that extend over more than 8 hectares, where farmers are numerous since they represent 000% of the working population.
To create real coherence and federate the various tourism stakeholders, the General Council and the Departmental Tourism Committee have launched a label which rewards the quality of welcome: "Sourire du Lot-et-Garonne". In order to promote a friendly welcome and to specialize in "the art of hospitality", this label is carried by all the service providers in the department who wish to give priority to the quality of the reception of visitors. The promise of convivial moments based on the exchange and discovery of local products by favoring short circuits. Then ? Does this trip whet your appetite?
Tourist documentation to download
- Lot tourist map
- Lot et Garonne tourist map
- Map of Monflanquin
- Tourist guide in the country of Bastides
- Lot Brochure seduction
- Roaming card bundle
[ Pictures : Martin lewison ]