- In Haute-Savoie, at the gates of Switzerland
- 10 minutes from Evian-les-Bains
- 1 kilometer from Lake Geneva
Camping De Vieille Eglise
Book your stay directly on our website
in one look
By booking in a camping theme Welcome, you choose an establishment providing you with a quality charter to provide you with specific services.
Lugrin was first called ad Lugrino, in a charter of the IXth century, then Lugrinum (same root Lug = lake or river as Lugano or Lugdunum, today Lyon).
Discover the charter Heritage Discovery.
An ax polisher found at Lugrin can be safely attributed to prehistory. On the other hand, the very curious three-headed sculpted stone that can be seen embedded in a wall in the hamlet of Vallièges, is very difficult to date. Like the hike “the hamlets of lugrin” which reveals the sweet secrets of the small local heritage. This land is steeped in history and terroirs with multiple personalities. Chablais offers a rich heritage intimately linked to human adventure. Castles, alpine forts, typical villages...
At the same time a coastal town of Lake Geneva, Lugrin is a mountain town near the Swiss border. It is a window on a very attractive territory. The great diversity of landscapes, cultures and traditions will amaze you.
On site, do not miss a visit to the old XNUMXth century churchth. It is restored and animated during the summer. Then visit the neo-classical parish church, the chapel of Verron or even the chapel of Laprau. The villages Les Combes and Verron will satisfy you. Take the time to visit Abbaye d'Abondance, the Cheese house, the Sisters' House or the Old customs. Then set off to discover the Fruitière de la Chapelle, the old ski museum, or the Museum of traditions and boats of Lake Geneva. End your journey with the Gribaldi house, the Light Palace, Pré Curieux water garden and the Evian site of course!
The magnificent landscapes of Lake Geneva invite family outings in the fresh air. They make you want to embark on the paths of the best hikes around the lake. Especially since there is something for all tastes and all levels. Whether you are a seasoned hiker or simply want to walk with your children, find some circuits around the Lake Geneva.
Some family hikes
- Saint-Prex - Buchillon : A walk for the whole family. Along the banks of the lake with a drop of just 20 meters, on a path laid out half on water and half on land. The circuit follows the ancient Via Francigena, a pilgrimage route linking Canterbury to Rome. Today it is declared a European Cultural Route.
- Lausanne - Morges : Suitable for the whole family, including pushchairs, this walk also runs along the lake for the enjoyment of the little ones. They will be able to swim on the equipped beaches, let off steam in the playgrounds, have a picnic...
- Rivaz-Lavaux vineyard : Moving a little away from the banks, this walk, also accessible to pushchairs, allows you to discover the famous terraced vineyards of Lavaux. They are listed as UNESCO heritage.
- Les Pleiades - Blonay : Take the cogwheel train to take you to the starting point of this original hike. It begins with the short course “Astropleiades” by astronomer Claude Nicollier. Then, the 750 meters of descent will offer you an extraordinary and unique phenomenon in Switzerland. May snow covers the meadows above Vevey.
- Around Mont-Pèlerin : The start is at a height and you can reach it by car, funicular or train. The fabulous landscape on the Lake, the vineyards and the Alps will surely delight you.
- In marmot paradise : After a short ride in the steam or cogwheel train, the walk is sure to please the whole family. By completing it with a visit to the Alpine botanical garden and especially to the Rochers-de-Naye marmot park, children will certainly consider it one of the best hikes they have ever done!
- Only 11 kilometers from Lugrin, the hike from Bise to Ubine is quite sporty. It takes you for about ten kilometers to discover the mountain pastures around the Chapelle d'Abondance.
- From the same distance, the Vernaz discovery hike will guide you through a forest, for more freshness in the middle of summer.
- At 13 kilometers, hiking Around the Suchet is a classified sports path. It passes through the heart of the Cornettes de Bise listed site.
- 15 kilometers from the center of the village of La Chapelle d'Abondance, the Thoules loop at Lake Arvouin is also a Must for athletes.
The discovery of Chablais
Lugrin is geographically attached to Chablais. This territory lends itself wonderfully to hiking in all its forms. From simple family mountain walks to sustained alpine day hikes, you are bound to find the hike that suits you. Many possibilities of loops or crossings exist. Admittedly, the presence of major ski resorts (Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets, Châtel, for the best known) involves crossing tracks. However, even in these areas, it is possible to find places that are still wild and secluded from the world...
Do you know the hike Chestnut trees of Lugrin ?