- Camping bordered by the Chassezac river in the heart of the Monts d'Ardèche Regional Park
- Yoga classes to eliminate the stress of everyday life
Let's go for the holidays! Book your stay here 👇
in one look
By booking in a camping theme Welcome, you choose an establishment providing you with a quality charter to provide you with specific services.
Impossible to come to southern Ardèche without discovering the region along the water. Only 500 meters from the camping, the Chassezac is the ideal river for canoeists, beginners as well as confirmed.
Discover the charter Canoe.
And its breathtaking gorges are just a paddle away! The Chassezac Gorges are located in the heart of two beautiful natural parks. The Monts d'Ardèche Regional Park and the Cévennes National Park await you. You will explore the Chassezac in a canoe and thus enjoy its biodiversity and majestic landscapes.
Calm bodies of water or small rapids, quiet walks or more complicated sections... There will be something for all tastes and all levels! The descent of the Chassezac is a beautiful course with very varied landscapes, embellished with rapids without great difficulty.
Le Camping Chestnut has entered into a partnership with Bambou Aventure Canoë, located in the town of Les Vans. In addition to different descent formulas, a base of activities will welcome you. You will spend pleasant moments there in a shaded area with river access. A food and beverage service is available on site.
Many activities will be offered to you. A pumptrack for cycling enthusiasts and even a Slackline festival in July, the Ardèche Slackline”
Two formulas will be offered to you at Bambou Aventure.
In this context, several options are possible.
- Go down the Chassezac gorges with your boat and come back up with your equipment after your getaway.
- Canoe rental on the Chassezac lake, to initiate you and have fun in peace.
- Descent of 7 kilometers on 2 or 3 seater canoes or a single kayak. Count about 2 hours for a descent, without forgetting the swimming and photo breaks. In an idyllic landscape, surrounded by high cliffs, you will alternate large bodies of water and small rapids.
- Descent of 10 kilometers on 2 or 3-seater canoes or a single kayak. You will start next to the Vans to arrive at the exit of the gorges in Chaulet. Between calm and fast bodies of water, you will enjoy a beautiful descent of about 3 hours.
Canoe descent with guide
Accompanied by a professional, you can make the 7 kilometer descent or a night descent. You will thus experience an unusual discovery of the Chassezac gorges.
It is impossible to visit the Ardèche without strolling through the typical alleys of the remarkable hamlets and villages... Or even taking the fresh air in one of its thousand-year-old caves.
Ideally located, the Camping Chestnut will allow you to visit a large number of sites and museums. To whet your appetite, here is a non-exhaustive list of cultural sites and caves located nearby.
- Vans : Begin your visit to the history of the Ardèche with the old streets of this beautiful traditional village. He was the spearhead of silk spinning in the XNUMXthrd century. Beautiful Renaissance and Modern period residences still bear witness to this. Take a fun break in the museum labeled Museum of France. You will learn more about the Ardèche territory. Its collections of geology, archaeology, ethnography and medicine immerse you in the discovery of a unique region, shaped by nature and men. You will take the opportunity to come and taste local Ardèche products on its famous market, every Saturday morning.
- Awning : Old village built on the first slopes of the Cévennes, it has two hilltop districts. Do not miss a stroll through the alleys of the Fort district, a former medieval castle town, which will impress you with the remains of its two castles.
- Ships : Village of character nestled in olive trees in the Cévennes Regional Park, stroll through its alleys, rich in many remains of medieval houses.
- Gravel pits : Dominated by the rocky bar of the Barre greenhouse, you will be impressed by the architecture of its XNUMXth century housesrd and XVIIthrd centuries, witnesses of its prosperity from its ancient production of silkworms, and its beautiful Romanesque church from the XNUMXthrd century.
- Aubenas : At the top of a rocky outcrop overlooking the Ardèche and at the crossroads of the oldest trade routes, Aubenas quickly became a strategic stronghold. Old cobbled streets, places of worship, XNUMXth century housesrd century or XNUMXth century mansionse, the city enjoys a very rich architectural heritage, dominated by its XNUMXth century castlee century and developed over the following centuries.
- Lavender House : A beautiful, fun and educational walk in the House of Lavender and in its domain, discovering the lavender fields, the room of stills and traditional distillation or the botanical garden. A trip to the heart of the most emblematic Provencal flower!
- The Pont d'Arc cave : The cave is an exceptional reconstruction of the Chauvet cave, listed as a world heritage site and concentrated in cave art. A veritable artistic gallery dating back several hundred millennia, it contains hundreds of animals and paintings, major works of history by their incredible artistic quality. Life-size reconstructions and unprecedented interactive experiences await you for a timeless visit.
- La Cocaliere : One of the most beautiful caves in France, dug in the tops of the Jurassic quarries. An adventure in the center of the earth, in a living cave still in formation.
- Aven d'Orgnac : Formed in limestone rock millions of years ago, this cave labeled Grand Site de France, will amaze you with its breathtaking underground galleries. Continue your visit with the city of prehistory, a great discovery to learn more about the history of humanity.
- Salamander : In a magic of sounds and lights, come and discover this cave with huge stalagmites set to sound and light. Several animations and activities are proposed to you for a journey in a dreamlike world which will delight the whole family.