Camping A l’Abri de l’Océan
To prepare your holidays in Brittany with confidence, go to the website of our partner SportRIZER, and you can book the sports around camping !
In the south of the region, near the camping, you will discover Douarnenez with its three ports and its famous site of Plomarc'h, Pont-Aven, such an atypical village and its magical watercourse, Locronan, capital of the sailcloth and medieval land of Saint-Ronan, Fouesnant, an espresso from Brittany and well-being and Quimper, of course, the capital of Cornouaille. In South Finistère, there is not a single village in which you will not feel in Brittany!
For lovers of the sea, go to Pointe du Raz, located near Plogoff and facing the Iroise Sea, and even on Pointe Saint-Mathieu, near Le Conquet.
Those interested in religious heritage have every interest in visiting the surrounding parish enclosures. Plonéour, Le Guilvinec, Plomeur and Pont l'Abbé are all must-see Bigouden towns, as is the Torche Peninsula, which brings together surf enthusiasts from all over the country.
Music lovers also have an annual rendezvous of choice with the famous The Old Plows Festival ! Not content with being one of the most important musical events in Brittany and France, it is also one of the largest in Europe; thus placing Carhaix as a must-see site for any self-respecting musician. Landerneau noise festival and End of the World Festival in Crozon are also popular cultural events.
Reminder of the must-see destinations according to camping Safe from the ocean
- Quimper, ancient city and "City of Art and History"
- Concarneau, the walled city
- Aven bridge, the city of painters
- Quimperlé, historic town with a unique heritage
- Doëlan, picturesque little port
- Douarnenez, the city with three ports
- The Crozon peninsula with exceptional landscapes
- The Glénan Archipelago, a paradisiacal natural setting
- Ile de Sein, a marine getaway
- The Pointe du Raz, scene of a perpetual battle between land and ocean
- Locronan, a prestigious architectural heritage
- The Devil's Rocks, a grandiose landscape
With family and friends, enjoy many leisure activities and also discover the traditions of our beautiful region:
- Horse riding with Locquillec stables (just in front of camping)
- Hiking and cyclo on the coastal paths or through woods and forests
- Beach and nautical sports 10km from camping
- Fishing at sea to tease bass, mackerel, sea bream ... and river fishing for wild trout and salmon
- Cruise with the Odet stars
- Visit of the famous Henriot earthenware factory in Quimper
- Fishing Museum in Concarneau
- Marinarium from Concarneau
- The Blue Nets Festival in Concarneau (August)
- The Embroidery Festival in Pont-l'Abbé (July)
- The Lorient Interceltic Festival (August)
- The Rias Festival, Country of Quimperlé
- The Oyster Festival in Riec-sur-Belon
Explore our guide for holidays
Articles to help you prepare your holidays!